HOW TO USE COPPER WATER BOTTLE FIRST TIME
Copper water bottles have gained immense popularity for their potential health benefits and elegant craftsmanship. As you embark on your journey to explore the world of copper-infused hydration, let's uncover the secrets to making the most of your new copper water bottle.
Here you can see us discuss with Professor Bill Keevil to Why Copper?
Understanding the Science Behind Copper Water Bottles
Before we dive into the "how," let's revisit the "why" backed by scientific knowledge. Copper water bottles have been cherished for centuries in Ayurvedic traditions for their numerous advantages. Here are some scientifically supported facts about copper-infused water:
- Antimicrobial Properties: Copper has natural antimicrobial properties, demonstrated by studies showing its ability to reduce the presence of harmful microorganisms in water. This can contribute to safer drinking water.
- Digestive Aid: Copper's influence on the gastrointestinal tract is supported by scientific research. It may enhance the process of breaking down food and absorbing essential nutrients.
- Collagen Production: Copper plays a role in collagen synthesis, a vital protein for skin health. Scientifically, copper-infused water may promote collagen production, potentially leading to healthier skin.
- Weight Management: Some studies suggest that copper may help regulate fat metabolism, which could be beneficial for weight management when combined with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
- Alkalizing Effect: Copper naturally alkalizes water, a scientific fact that contributes to balancing the body's pH levels. Maintaining a slightly alkaline environment may have health benefits.
How to Use Your Copper Water Bottle
Now that we've established the incredible scientific advantages of copper water bottles, let's explore how to make the most of this age-old wisdom.
- Initial Rinse: Begin by giving your new copper water bottle a thorough rinse with plain water.
- Fill it Up: Fill your copper water bottle with still water and let it sit for at least 6 hours or overnight. This allows the water to absorb the beneficial properties of copper.
- Morning Ritual: In the morning, empty the water, and it's ready for use. Drink from your copper water bottle as you would with any other water container. It's that simple!
Tips for Using Your Copper Water Bottle
Here you can see a video from Ryan talking about the Do’s and Don’ts on your copper bottle:
- Regular Use: To maximise benefits, aim to drink from your copper water bottle daily. Consistency is key.
- Avoid Storing Acidic Liquids: While copper is safe for water, it's best to avoid storing acidic beverages like citrus juices in your copper bottle, as they can cause corrosion over time.
- Hand Wash Only: To maintain the integrity of your copper water bottle, always hand wash it with a mild detergent. Avoid abrasive scouring pads as this will damage the coating of the copper item.
Cleaning Your Copper Water Bottle
Over time, you may notice a natural patina developing on the surface of your copper water bottle. This is completely normal and adds character to your bottle. However, if you prefer to keep your bottle shiny, you can easily clean it.
- Dis-stilled Vinegar and Salt OR Lemon and Salt: Place 2 table spoons of salt and 2/3 spoons of distilled vinegar or squeeze half a lemon. Fill up the bottle with lukewarm water and then shake for 60 seconds. Rinse with water a few times and you’re ready to drink again from your water bottle.
With these Ayurvedic beliefs but also scientifically supported guidelines, you're well on your way to harnessing the potential of your copper water bottle. Embrace this ancient practice with the modern elegance of your Paani copper water bottle, and elevate your hydration journey.
Back to blogs